By supplying us your details, you consent to the use of your Personal Information in accordance with this privacy statement. Personal Information is collected or processed based on consent; however, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conduct prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
What information do we collect?
We may collect Personal Information about you, either directly from you or from other parties and we may generate information about you when we carry out our business.
The types of Personal Information we collect about you may include your:
• Contact information: your name, phone number, email address, postal address, physical address
• Documents that verify your identity and other personal details: such as your passport or drivers’ licence number
• Subscriptions/preferences: when you subscribe to receive our newsletter or updates, as well as content preferences to help us identify which material you want to receive.
• Billing or purchase information
• Technical information: information about the device used to access the website or other social media sites, such as IP address, browser type, time zone settings and mobile network information.
What do we do with it?
We collect and use your Personal Information to provide the information and services that you request from us, and to provide you with information about other services we consider appropriate.
When necessary, we may use your information to:
• Any purpose which we notify you about when we collect your information or to which you have provided your consent.
• Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including Anti Money Laundering/Counter Financing of Terrorism compliance and audit and reporting requirements).
• Considering and assessing your application for supply of our products or services.
• Protecting our interests, including by registering a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register or checking against sanctions or other reference lists.
• Responding to your enquiries, concerns, or complaints.
• Defend or enforce our rights - for example, to collect money owed to us.
• Publish (including by posting on social media) customer testimonials/video testimonials which may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain the customer’s consent prior to publishing the testimonial along with their name.
Who do we share it with?
Besides our staff and our associated companies, we may share this information with third parties who enable us to provide you with our services. These include:
• Your other professional advisers
• Product providers
• Our service outsources providers such as IT consultants, subcontractors, etc.
• We will only share your Personal Information with third parties where it is necessary to help us do what we collected your information for, where it is required by law or where you give us authority to.
We require these third parties to adhere to our strict confidentiality requirements for handling Personal Information and we seek to ensure that they comply with the Privacy Act 2020.
Where do we store it?
Personal information we collect is stored and processed for use, by way of hard drives, external drives and third party cloud service providers. We ensure that our cloud-based service providers are subject to appropriate security and information handling arrangements and that the information stored or processed by them remains subject to confidentiality obligations.
Disclosing your information overseas
We may disclose your information to organisations located overseas. These include:
• In addition, individuals who are residents of the European Economic Area “EEA” can object to processing of their Personal information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using our contact details provided below.
• The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA (if applicable) are available at: ec.europa.eu/justice
Any information we share overseas will be subject to comparable safeguards to those under the Privacy Act 2020.
We may send you direct marketing to inform you about products or services, special offers, promotions, and events that may be of interest to you. These marketing communications may include joint promotions with other promotion partners and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as post, phone, email, or SMS.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications and surveys from us or third-party partners, you can let that organisation know at any time using the contact details in their respective privacy policies or utilising the “unsubscribe” or other opt-out function offered by us or other the organisation.
In some circumstances we may need to contact you to obtain additional information, verify your identity or to clarify your request, to action it.
Your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us in the above ways will be deemed if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so and will remain current on an ongoing basis unless and until you advise otherwise.
If the law requires us to provide you with information about our products or services (i.e., product recalls), we will provide that information even if you have elected not to receive information about our products and services generally.
Accessing and correcting your information
You can generally access and request the correction of information we hold about you by contacting us in any of the ways set out at the bottom of this policy.
Notwithstanding, access to your Personal Information may be refused on some occasions, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or if the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will write to you to let you know why, unless, having regard to the grounds for the refusal, it would be unreasonable for us to do so. You may make a complaint about a refusal to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: www.privacy.org.nz
We rely on the information that we hold about you to provide our products and services to you, and to perform our business functions. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant for its intended use. This means that, from time to time, we may ask you if your information is still accurate and up to date. If you find that any information that we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
You can contact Living Business by:
Privacy Officer: Helen Schafer
Telephone: 0508 937 666 / 027 600 5794
Postal Address: 25 Oriental Parade, Papamoa Beach, Tauranga 3118